This solution has not been downloaded by you.
Download now to rate and review the solution!
Prepare the bank reconciliation.
Prepare the bank reconciliation for Janus Jutes, Inc. dated May 31, 2009.
- The bank statement indicated a service charge of $56.
- Janus made a deposit on May 31, but this deposit did not appear on the bank statement, $1,451.
- A credit memo in the bank statement indicated a bank collection of a note for $1,300 with interest received of $16. This item was dated May 18.
- Also included in the bank statement was a debit memo for a NSF check for $314 from Barney Smythe.
- Checks #1406 for $1,342, #1610 for $1,609, and #1825 for $857 were written by Janus and sent to the respective companies, but these checks do not appear on the bank statement.
- The balance on the bank statement as of May 31, 2008 was $13,119.
- The Cash account on Janus\\\' books showed an amount of $9,816.