This solution has not been downloaded by you.Download now to rate and review the solution!
1. All of the following are directly involved with translation except:
2. Carries the anticodon to the ribosome
3. A catalytic form of RNA:
4. Carries the codons from the nucleus
5. What sequence of mRNA can be transcribed from the following DNA coding strand? TACGATCGATTTATT
6. How many codons are contained in this mRNA sequences?
7. If this mRNA is translated into the protein how many amino acids would it contain? (See chart below)
8. IF this mRNA is translated into protein what is the sequence of amino acids contained in the resulting polypeptide. (see chart below)
If a mutation occurs and a G is deleted from the 4th nucleotide position in the above DNA sequence. What would be the sequence of amino acids in the resulting polypeptide after translation?
9. Which is NOT a major function of the genetic material?
10. One of Chargaff's rules states that
11. If a species contains 23% adenine A in its DNA, what is the percentage of guanine G would it also contain?
12. The amount of adenine is always equal to the amount of _____ in DNA.
13. A eukaryotic chromosome is made up of:
14. Which of the following statements about DNA replication is NOT correct?
15. Replication of DNA is
16. Which of the classes of RNA molecules carries the genetic information as it is needed for the construction of a protein?
17. Which of the classes of RNA molecules carries the amino acids that are added to the growing polypeptide chain?
18. Which of the classes of RNA molecules is linked with proteins in forming the large and small subunits of protein synthesis structure?