This is a representative list of objectives / topics covered in our Grade 8 Math Tutoring program. However, all tutoring programs will be customized for the individual student as required.
Online Tutoring - Grade 8 Math
The Number System
- Knowing that there are numbers that are not rational, and approximating them by rational numbers.
Expressions and Equations
- Working with radicals and integer exponents.
- Understanding the connections between proportional relationships, lines, and linear equations.
- Analyzing and solving linear equations and pairs of simultaneous linear equations.
- Defining, evaluating, and comparing functions.
- Using functions to model relationships between quantities.
- Understanding congruence and similarity using physical models, transparencies, or geometry software.
- Understanding and applying the Pythagorean Theorem.
- Solving real-world and mathematical problems involving volume of cylinders, cones and spheres.
Statistics and Probability
- Investigating patterns of association in bivariate data.
Online Tutoring Price List
||$15 per Hour