Need help with Social Work assignment?
Get customized homework help now!
Structural Social Work
In 1970s structural social work was developed in the response, which was towards a class’s dominance. Structural social work focuses basically on structural significance of problems which are personal or impact which structures of society has upon people, which is in accordance to race, sexuality, class, ability, gender and age. Structural social work attempts in exposure and also opposes the structures with in the society which suppresses people in respect of sexuality, race, gender and ability.
Structural social work has the following elements: -
- Structural analysis of personal problems – The structural social work stretches established casework belief of the social circumstances to vehemence on the factor that how structures of socioeconomic oppress.
- Mutual dialogue – The workers of this structure discords for equalitarian common dialogues in relationship of client and worker. Mutual dialogue removes mystery by the techniques of professional.
- Defense of the rights of clients – It mentions the direction of activities of workers which is responded according to clients demand for sufficient resources of material and finance. Protagonism for rights of clients and sufficient resources identifies resources of material’s importance.
- Link political and personal – This type of social workers starts with assumption that present structure is export fluctuating and oppressive. It includes the sharing of views and boosting feedback by taking into consideration that how situation of client links up with oppression’s main structures.
- Collective consciousness - Collective consciousness is used as a reference for shared thoughts and attitudes of moral which functions as force which is unifying within the society or beliefs which is shared out by members belonging to a specific group. The group may comprehend individuals in few number or population of planet taken collectively or any nation.
- Personal change – Workers of society takes into consideration the causes for problems of society which is caused due to oppression’s main structure. They don’t blame the structure for everything and hence ignore responsibility of an individual for behavior being harmful. Together workers and clients work to search behavior and feelings of clients in respect of both structure and behavior.
- Define structural social work.
- State its elements.
25% OFF on Homework Help
Note: We will not do your assignment for you. We will only help you understand the steps to solve it.