Need help with Psychology assignment?
Get customized homework help now!
Abnormal psychological behavior is considered as a disorder. There are a number of problems that can be classified as Abnormal. Defining Abnormal Psychology is not easy as there is still a lot of discussion about what can be classified as “Abnormal”.
But the most commonly observed psychological problems that have definitely been classified as “Abnormal” are:
- Personality Disorders: A person with a personality disorder tends to be very inflexible. The person exhibits behavioral patterns that are not accepted by the society. From tests of People who suffer from personality disorders it has been conclusively been regarded as a disorder that arises due to abuse. Personality disorders grow from Personality development disorder which has to be diagnosed early to avoid problems in normal development.
- Depression: Depression is a very common and misunderstood disorder. Depressed people tend to be suicidal. Depression may be psychiatric or non-psychiatric. Depression may be classified as chronic or as an episode psychiatrically. Depression can be most easily spotted due to loss of interest in an activity that was previously very desirable. Unlike most disorders that are hereditary or due to abuse or misleading examples, depression is considered to be an “evolutionary adaptation”. People who are in a major period of depression need to be taken care of or it may have very severe effects.
- Child behavioral disorders: ADHD or Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder is a chronic disorder that usually surfaces at an age below seven. Identifying this disorder is as important as treating it. It has been hypothesized as a behavior that has its advantages like advanced skills in hunting and searching. It is also said to be caused due to a number of environmental factors like exposure to tobacco, alcohol and pesticides during pregnancy. Diagnosis for ADHD is possible as the child with the disorder learns to cope up with his disorder by practicing habits that will help increase his attention span time and also manage time with better sense.
Abnormal psychological disorders cause instability in the personal life of people who do not accept their condition, this character is most prominent in Personality disorder. Whatever the disorder, diagnosing it on time is critical.
Questions to Ponder
- Is Abnormal psychology limited to a certain age group?
- Is it serious or a negligible problem?
25% OFF on Homework Help
Note: We will not do your assignment for you. We will only help you understand the steps to solve it.